Sicilian Delight @ Pyramid Mall

Lunch
- 2 slices Pepperoni Pizza
- Garden salad with Italian dressing
- Lemonade
This was a delicious pizza; the work of true Italian cuisine. When you bite into it, the top is cheesy but not to the extent that it's rubbery, and below is a crisp airy wafer-thin bottom, not soggy like the normal pizzas you get at the dining halls. The combo meal came with two slices - I just cropped the other one out of the picture.
Pepperoni always gave me certain problems, because their salami texture is just so hard to bite through, but you don't really want to eat one big piece of pepperoni in one bite (for me, I'd rather bite it into halves, distributing it between more than one bite - I know, I calculate too much while eating). This pepperoni, however, was done well. It was thinly sliced, so it was crispy when you sank your teeth into it - kinda like good bacon strips. This also released a lot of the aromatic oils within it, though that quickly left when they reheated it in their ovens before serving it, which is good since it was less oily that way, not like regular pizza where the oil from the pepperoni just seeps into the cheese and makes the whole thing unbearably heavy. (They display their pizzas and after ordering, they'd put it on a paper plate and reheat it in the oven for you.) Yet another reason why it was so awesome - hot food always tastes better.
To me, it was a bit overpriced, though I think that's because they overcharged me for the salad. I didn't really discover that until it was too late. Oh well, what can you do? I was already halfway through the salad.
But the pizza? It was all worth it.
Total cost: US$8.67
Rating: aaaaa


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home